(French Order of 15 November 2002, Official Legal Bulletin (JO) of 30 November 2002)
The BIOLOGY programme concerns the following aspects of the life sciences classes dispensed in the final two years of French high school to students in the science stream (French Order of 9 August 2000, Official Legal Bulletin (JO) of 22 August 2000, BO de l'Education Nationale Hors Série N°7 of 31 August 2000)
ASPECTS ORIGINATING FROM THE PENULTIMATE YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL:All the “life sciences” part of the “life and earth sciences” programme.
ASPECTS ORIGINATING FROM THE FINAL YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL:The following elements of the "compulsory education" programme, excluding all "speciality" parts of the life and earth sciences programme.
- Part 1-2: Relationship between current living beings and fossils-phylogenesis-evolution;
- Part 1-3: Stability and variability of genomes and evolution;
- Part 1-6: Procreation;
- Part 1-7: Immunology
DETAIL OF MODULES :
- The chemical components of living matter: Lipids, glucids and protids; RNA and DNA
- Enzymology and enzymatic catalysis: Kinetic, enzymatic inhibition
- Cellular biology: ultrastructures of prokaryotic, eukaryotic and virus cells.
- Edification of the organism, genetic information: DNA, genetic information medium, mitosis and cell cycle, protein synthesis and genetic code.
- Aspects of energetic metabolism: glycolysis, Krebs cycle, cell fermentation and respiration, PTA regeneration.
- Genetic unicity of individuals and polymorphism of species: meiosis, chromosome mixes, gametogenesis, fundamental mechanisms of sexual reproduction, development cycle, human genetic forecasts.
- Immune mechanisms: auto and non-auto, ALH system, basis of immune competency, characteristics of lymphocytary receptors.
- Aspects of nerve centre functioning: functioning of neurons, potential action, nerve message genesis, spatial and temporal summation, synapses, myotatic reflex, cerebral activity.
- Functioning of regulation systems: male and female hormone regulation, medical applications, regulation of arterial pressure and glycaemia.
- History and evolution of the earth and living beings: biological evolution and environmental change: the main phases of humanisation.